Sunday, August 8, 2010

Comcast! grrr!!

If you go to the Comcast website, they say "It's easy to set up or transfer your phone, Internet and cable services."  DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!!!

In preparation for our move this summer, I called Comcast to transfer our service to our new address.  We were only moving around the block, and not making any changes to our services, so it should have been a simple matter of changing our address on our account, and making sure services were connected at the new house and disconnected at the old one.  But no, they closed our account and opened a new one.  This caused a bit of panic when they called me and told me that they wouldn't be able to make the appointment I had set up.  It took two phone calls, one on-line chat session and an actual visit to their office to find out that our connection appointment was going forward as scheduled, but our disconnection wouldn't happen for a few days.  Why did they need to call me about that?

Next, we find out that they have charged our bank account (we have our bill set up on auto-pay) almost $200 too much because there was a final bill on our "old" account, and we have to pay a month in advance on our "new" account.  Just transfer the service and keep billing me as usual, then you won't get irate calls!  I'm still not convinced that we haven't been screwed on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment